Here are the rules of Pan Poker. The object of Pan poker is to be the 1st player to meld all 10 cards in their hand plus their last card drawn.
Pan Poker is played using 8 standard decks of playing cards with all spades ♠ removed from 1 of the decks and all 8’s, 9’s and 10’s are removed from all 8 decks, leaving 310 playing cards.
Cards rank in descending order: K, Q, J, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, A. The J and 7 rank as if the 8, 9 or 10 cards did not exist.
- In Pan Poker 10 cards are dealt to each player, 1 at a time.
- Play starts with the winner of the last hand.
- In turn, players take the top card from the discard pile or the stock.
- After drawing and before discarding, you may meld by playing sets or adding existing melds. Your drawn card must be played as part of a meld before any other cards can be melded.
- You end your turn by discarding a single card from your hand.
- If a player plays all their cards, the hand is over.
Cards may only be drawn from the discard pile if that card was drawn from the stock by the previous player. When a card is drawn from the stock, that card must be melded or discarded.
You may add cards to your melds if the meld character is maintained, i.e. Adding 1 card of the same rank to a suited or unsuited set. When increasing a meld you collect chips for additional Konditions met.
A meld can be split if added cards allow the meld to split and maintain it’s character. i.e. J, 7, 6, 5 may be split by adding a Q and a 4. If splitting of a meld creates a new Kondition then chips are collected for that Kondition.
You may also take a card from a meld to complete a new meld, provided the original meld’s character remains. i.e.: 7, 6, 5, 4 the 7 or 4 may be borrowed to complete a new meld.
If a discard plays in your meld on your turn, you must draw and meld the card.
When a player melds all 11 cards, they collect all their Konditions, plus 2 chips from each player, plus the pot.
The winner of the last hand is first to act.
Pan Poker Game: Konditions
Certain melds in Pan poker are called Konditions. When melding a Kondition chips are immediately collected from all other players.
All 3’s, 5’s, and 7’s are called valle cards.
Valle card Konditions (set of 3 same ranked cards):
- Different suites collect 1 chip from each player.
- Same suit collects 2 chips from each player, 4 chips if the suite is Spades.
- 1 additional chip is collected for each card beyond the initial 3 cards, 2 chips if the suit is spades.
Non-Valle card Konditions:
- A set of 3 cards of a single suit collects 1 chip, 2 chips if the suit is spades.
- Another chip is collected for every additional card of the same suit that you receive after the initial 3 cards. Two chips are collected if the suit is spades.
- A run of three that starts with an Ace or ends with a Kingz: Example – 3, 2, A or K, Q, J. You will collect one chip or two chips if the suit is spades.
A run of any 3 or more cards of the same suit, For Example: Q♥J♥7♥ would be a valid “Sequence”.
3 or more cards of the same rank that are of only one suit, or of at least three different suits. For Example: 4♥4♥4♥ or 4♦4♣4♠.
Aces and Kings are an exception to this rule in that you only need 3 of them regardless of suit.
Once a valid meld is played, you may add single cards to the meld.